Friday, August 24, 2012


Why is it that the hardest part of travelling overseas is the present buying for others. This is especially difficult when I am only overseas for work for one or two days and only ever see the inside if buildings or hotel room. Airports are expensive for the guilty jet-lagged traveller.

I give in. This time I am going home empty handed with a heart full of hopeful thought that my getting home may be the best gift of all. (Suppressing the urge to feel nauseated by that last sentence.)


At least the dogs will be happy with a dog treat. The cats will receive self satisfaction in knowing they are doing an excellent job of ignoring me. 

Work will be happy with reports submitted on time.



So, after seven hours of travelling, its off to the office I go. Gift buying goes to the back of the mind for later along with various thoughts such as the deep desire for home, family and sleep.



OK. I gave in. I thought this wide-eyed little ovine needed refugee status from New Zealand! And he didn't even need papers through customs. See how generous the Australian government is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment